Promotor Education and
Employment Project (PEEP)
Multi-Cultural Community Health Educator Program (MCCEP)
a partnership program between El Concilio of San Mateo County and
The PEEP/MCCHEP curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level
positions in community-oriented health and social services. It provides
a family oriented, culturally and linguistically appropriately and sensitive
approaches to health & human service delivery, information and referral
sources, and client advocacy in various settings.
- The vision is to:
Increase accessibility and participation of culturally diverse residents
in community health & human services.
- Decrease the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases among
underserved and low income communities.
- Increase the number of bilingual/bicultural community residents
into local health and human services jobs.
The goal is to:
Prepare cadres of multi-cultural, multi-lingual residents of San Mateo
County for local occupations or continuing education in the health and
human service fields.
- The successful graduate will:
effectively serve a diverse community and focus on the health and
well being of these communities;
- become employable in the health and human services labor industry;
- Influence change throughout the health & human service delivery
systems serving multiethnic/multi-cultural populations
|EL CONCILIO OF SAN MATEO COUNTY'S Mission is to improve the quality
of life for Latinos and other underserved communities by increasing
leadership, education and employment opportunities, and access to
quality health care in San Mateo County.
||CAÑADA COLLEGE'S Mission is to ensure that students from
diverse backgrounds achieve their educational goals by providing
quality instruction. Their aim is to foster students' personal development
and academic success.
Curriculum (Curricula en español)
• Computer Applications, Part I or II
CBOT 430 or 431
• Information/Referral: Community Resources
• Introduction to Family Support
• The Life Cycle of the Family
• Family Development Portfolio I
• Family Development Portfolio II
• General Health Science
• Communicable Diseases
• First Aid
• CPR: Adult, Child, Infant
• Special Topics in Health Science
• COOP Ed: Internship
For more information: Contact
Gloria Flores-Garcia, El Concilio of San Mateo County at (650) 373-1084
Or Julie Mooney at Cañada College (650) 325- 6936
Back to top of page
Back to PROGRAMS